Monday, September 12, 2016

Book Bingo/Best Laid Plans

I wanted to read all of the books I chose but as you can see didn't even come close.


I really enjoyed what I read with a few exceptions-

The Woodcutter by Reginald Hill 
The Plague by Albert Camus

My favorites-

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer 
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Instead of Better Than Before in the Self-help square I read Taking The Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears. And I did finally finish listening to (after the bingo deadline) Centennial by James Michener another five star book - and more Michener in my future for sure.

I do plan to read the rest of my chosen books by the end of the year. I appreciate Mary letting me join in - it was nice to play along!

And I added a few new books to my TBR pile

A lot has been going on, but I think I'm  going to be home for a short while, so I hope to be back a little later with another post. And fingers crossed no more computer/internet problems!

Thanks everyone for reading along!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Your favorites are all favorites of mine too! Including the Michener. He was my favorite from way back when. You have good taste in reading! :D

marly said...

I never read. I don't know why. Used to enjoy it! Today I bought The Girl on the Train which I've wanted to get for a while. Maybe I'm afraid I won't be able to follow the characters since I can't even remember my neighbor's last name.

Mary said...

I'm so glad you played along! and I love your favorites list - we have similar (good :-) taste in books!

Carol said...

I think you did very well, Penny! I only read nine this summer myself--like you, I always have great plans, but life gets in the way!! Loved all of your favorites, except Life After Life--I just couldn't get into that one at all. I know I'm in the minority :) The Book Thief is such a special story--will probably listen to that one again...

I hope your September is going well and that your computer behaves itself!

The Eskimo's Wife said...

I always have bigger reading plans than time to read, but I do try. You still got a lot of titles read. I read Life After Life a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Thanks for accepting my friend request on Goodreads! :0)

Barb said...

A good list of books. I thought the Book Thief was wonderful! I just read Lilac Girls and really enjoyed it.

Julie said...

I loved the Guernsey Literary and ..... that was a fabulous read.

Brigitte said...

Oh, I know that - so many books and plans to read them all, and then no time or life gets in the way. I have been such a bad reader this year, it can only get better, lol. But you have read some great books so far. Good luck with the rest of them.